Apprenticeships in England
How do I apply for an apprenticeship?
Find your way into construction
Once you’ve decided on the role for you, it’s time to look for an apprenticeship to help you turn your idea into a reality.
There isn’t just one way to find an apprenticeship. Lots of opportunities are advertised online, but it may be possible to find a job via another route. Take a look through our suggestions below to find a place that will suit you.
How to apply for a construction apprenticeship
So you want to become an apprentice? Find out more about applying for a role in the construction industry.
How do I find an employer?
In order to become a construction apprentice, you’ll need to find an employer to take you on and provide on-the-job training. There are many ways to find an employer:
- Approach small or large businesses or local firms to see if they are willing to hire you.
- Scroll down to see current vacancies listed on an interactive map, or check out apprenticeship opportunities in England, Scotland and Wales via the links below.
- Register with job sites such as Indeed or TotalJobs. You’ll be able to upload your CV and set up job alerts to help you find suitable opportunities. Employers will also be able to contact you directly.
- Check the apprenticeship or vacancies sections on construction companies’ websites, or follow them on social media for updates.
- Contact local colleges, specialist training providers or apprenticeship management agencies to register your interest. They may be able to help you find an employer.
- Ask your friends, family and neighbours to see if they have any contacts in the construction industry or apprenticeship opportunities where they work.
Use our interactive map to discover current construction apprenticeship vacancies across the UK, as soon as they are available.