Brick Tower Challenge
This is an exciting team activity were participants act as small construction companies to plan, design, cost (tender) and construct a tower made from Lego bricks.
The activity starts with a powerpoint presentation which provokes discussion on tower building design and usage, as well as exploring construction careers and enterprise skills.
- To promote team working, problem solving and communication skills through a simulated construction project
- To explore careers in construction
- To introduce enterprise skills in the form of costings, tendering and profit.
Audience (Recommended Age): Age 11 - 16
Group Size: A maximum of 30 participants with six teams of five people is ideal, but the exercise will work with fewer or larger numbers depending on the available time and resources (especially Lego).
Further Information: For full details on the activity please see the Activity Cover Sheet which provides information on
- Preparation and Resources Required
- Curriculum /Sector/Employability Skills Links
- Extension Activities
- Suggested Timetable
General Activity Information:
Brick Tower Challenge – Activity Lead Delivery NotesDOWNLOAD
Brick Tower Challenge – Powerpoint Presentation (delivery notes)DOWNLOAD