Contract engineers develop bids and contracts to make sure that the project meets the customer’s needs.
- Newly trained contracts engineers can earn in the region of £25,000-£27,000
- Trained with experience contracts engineers can earn in the region of £30,000-£50,000
- Senior, chartered or master contracts engineers can earn in the region of £50,000-£70,000
Salaries typically depend on location, employer and level of responsibility.
Qualifications and Training
Many Contracts Engineer rioles will require a degree or equivalent in a subjects such as Building studies and building engineering, Civil and structural engineering, Construction management, and Business studies.
Once in position, further qualifications can also be gained through the wide range of programmes offered by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB). These include:
- Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations (NVQ/SVQ L3)
- Foundation degree in Professional Practice in Construction Operations Management
- Diploma in Project Control Practice (L5)
- Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management (NVQ/SVQ L6)