FREE employer event for construction industry stakeholders
Are you worried about skills gaps in the construction industry?
The Mind the Gap (MTG) project commissioned by CITB aims to reduce skills gaps and reoffending rates by working with construction industry employers, rehabilitation specialists and other key stakeholders to offer sustainable employment opportunities to people with convictions in both custody and the community who are motivated to work.
Nacro’s Employer Advice Service is delivering a free half-day legal briefing, and networking event for employers in the construction industry and other key stakeholders to give them the necessary tools, confidence and support to access this talent pool.
Who is it for?
HR professionals, key stakeholders and skills providers in the construction industry; as well those responsible for staff retention and equality and diversity matters.
- Understand how to recruit from a wider pool of potential talent
- Be able to improve the diversity of your workforce
- Understand how to minimise any potential or perceived risks that might be involved
- Learn how to avoid unnecessary failed recruitment costs
- Find out how to access further support from Mind the Gap, DWP, MoJ and key skills providers to address your skills shortages
- Have opportunity to network with other key stakeholders with an interest in the construction industry
- Key speakers include: Jessica Mellor-Clark, Head of Be Onsite; Alasdair Jackson, CEO, Recycling Lives Charity; Duncan O’Leary, CEO New Futures Network; Paul Pritchard, Partnership Manager NW, Novus
- Senior representatives from DWP, Lendlease and The Growth Company (TBC)
- Expert panel Q&A
- Recruiting safely and fairly: Interactive workshop by Dominic Headley, Consultant for Nacro and Mind the Gap
- Refreshments and networking
RSVP To register your interest for the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 600 3194.