Course type card
Course type card example
can be found within the apprenticeships section of the site.
- Takes 1 - 5 years to complete
- Start your career straight out of schoo
- Time split between your employer and a training provider
- Focus is on learning hands-on skills relating to a specific job role
- Over 100 roles can be pursued through apprenticeships, with more being added
- Earn as you learn, with no tuition fees
- Full-time degrees take 3 - 4 years to complete
- You can apply for higher-level jobs after graduation
- Time spent in lectures and seminars or on individual study - or can be via distance-learning
- Focus is on academic study, although many construction-related degrees offer a year in industry
- 1000’s of courses to choose from, which could lead to careers in construction
- You’ll pay tuition fees of up to £9,520 per year in the UK (correct as of 2020).