Planners are fundamental to the execution of a building project - creating a programme of works to help achieve its successful completion.
- Newly trained construction planner’s can earn in the region of £20,000 - £30,000
- Trained with experience construction planner’s can earn in the region of £30,000 - £50,000
- Senior, chartered or master construction planner’s can earn in the region of £50,000 - £70,000
Salaries depend on location, employer and level of responsibility, and salaries and career options can improve with chatered status.
Qualifications and Training
The qualifications you need to become a planner include:
- 7 GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C) grade including Maths, English and Science
- BTEC National Certificate in Construction
- NVQ Level 3 – Construction Site Supervision
- Higher National Certificate in Building Studies
- NVQ Level 6 – Construction Contracting Operations Management
- BSc (Hons) Construction Management