How to register for SkillBuild
Here you'll find everything you need to know about the registration process in order to participate in this year's SkillBuild competition.
Registration to compete in your nearest Regional Qualifier usually takes place from February – April each year. Apprentices and full-time learners can register on behalf of themselves or tutors and employers can enter them, too.
To enter a SkillBuild Regional Qualifier, competitors must have been at least 16 years old on 1 September the previous year and also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The competitor is employed in the construction industry in the UK and has completed a relevant UK qualification in the last 12 months
- The competitor is studying towards a relevant UK qualification, including T levels
- The competitor is working towards an apprenticeship in a relevant trade in the UK
To fill out a registration form to compete and you will be required to have the below information to hand:
- Contact details
- Point of contact details e.g. a college tutor or employer and emergency contact details, usually a parent or guardian
- Details of any disabilities, medical conditions, dietary requirements and / or additional needs
- Registrants will be asked to select a first and second choice location. Please note, selecting a preferred venue does not guarantee a place at that location, these will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
Once you have registered, we will be in touch with you via email to let you know your final heat location and provide more information about your Regional Qualifier.