Compliance managers ensure that a business, its employees and its projects comply with all relevant regulations and specifications, as well as any ethical policies the company may have laid down.
- Newly trained compliance managers can earn in the region of £23,000-£30,000
- Trained with experience compliance managers can earn in the region of £30,000-£55,000
- Senior, chartered or master compliance managers can earn in the region of £55,000-£65,000.
Salaries typically depend on location, employer and level of responsibility.
Qualifications and Training
There are a number of routes that can lead to a position as compliance manager but many enter via a graduate training scheme. This will require a degree or equivalent in a subject such as Health & Safety, Business Administration, Building Services or other relevant field.
Once in position, further qualifications can also be gained from the ICA (International Compliance Association):
- ICA Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Compliance
- ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance
Education beyond degree level is also available in the form of an MSc in Law, Governance, Risk and Compliance.