House Building Careers Building Communities
Building Communities - How Geography Shapes House Building
A suite of 10 Powerpoint presentations and topical lesson plans exploring the geographical and sociological aspects and impacts of house building.
To encourage investigation and research through ten themed lessons. Participants' will gain an understanding of how geography shapes house building.
- Why we need new homes
- How populations have changed across the UK
- How builders meet local needs
- What is a sustainable community?
- How council make decisions about where to build new homes
- Where new homes should be built
- Building homes in challenging environments
- How new homes can be made more energy efficient
NHBC Foundation: Find your career in the house-building industry
Audience (Recommended Age):
11 - 16 years (All activities are linked to the curriculum for Key Stages 3 and 4 in England).
There is no restriction on the number of participants.
This resource can be linked to Explore Housebuilding and Green Living activities. Further information can also be found at Geographical Association and Housebuilding Careers
Download All Documents:
File size: 82.3MB
House Building Careers Building Communities - All Documents
Web design by S8080
Scroll to top